Founders of UX Series
History of Content Writing.
Content Writing has been around since the early days of literacy. Content Writers served as scribes and storytellers for various civilizations over time, even before the printing press was invented by Johannes Gutenberg in 1440 AD.
Content Writing only became a separate discipline from literature sometime after 1828 when advertising began to appear on printed materials such as magazines and newspapers.
Practical User Experience
When is Content Writing commonly used?
Content Writing is used in many different industries. Content Writers are needed to write blog posts, articles or copy for businesses, companies and corporations online as well as offline.
Content Writers can be contracted out by companies to provide content on a regular basis if they do not have the time or money to hire full-time employees.
Are there any rules to consider when choosing a Content Writer?
Content Writing is not a difficult process for those with the right training and experience. Content Writers should be able to research topics from within their chosen industry to produce original content without plagiarism issues present.
Content Writers may also need basic knowledge of HTML coding as well as SEO techniques in order to make sure that any web articles or blog posts they write will perform well within for the desired audience.
The following is some things to keep in mind when thinking about when choosing your next content writer:
- writers should have a degree in writing or a related field.
- writers should be able to research topics within a chosen industry.
- writers may need basic knowledge of HTML coding and SEO techniques.
- “Content Writer” is always capitalized when referring to the profession itself, not the person doing it.
- writers should be able to write in a variety of styles and tones, depending on the article or blog post topic at hand.
UI/UX How To Series
How do you actually do Content Writing?
Content Writing is a simple process once you know what to do. Content Writers should be able to write articles or blog posts that are interesting, informative and fun for their target audience (which can vary depending on the industry).
Content writing starts with choosing an initial topic of interest then researching it before beginning to write anything down.
Writing good content means to keep your audience in mind when writing. Content Writers should write articles or blog posts that are relevant to their target market and provide value through entertainment, education or inspiration.
Content Writing is not just about sharing information but putting it into terms that can be easily understood by the desired audience without being too dry or boring.
Understanding this… let’s take a look at some of the key qualities required to be a professional Content Writer:
1. Work on topics where you have an interest – this will make your work much easier!
2. Research, research and more research! Content writers cannot produce good content without thoroughly researching a topic.
3. Remember that Content writing is the art of storytelling so you must be able to keep your audience’s attention throughout the entire article or blog post at hand.
4. Draft an Outline before writing anything down to organize your thoughts and plan out important points you want to cover within the article or blog post. Include links, images and any other multimedia that will help provide value for readers when choosing this option.
5. Keep it Fun. Content writing should be fun and easy so do not try to make it more complicated than necessary.
6. You may need multiple versions. Content Writers may need to do multiple drafts before reaching perfection and publishing their work for the world to see, depending on the industry they are working in and how strict those standards tend to be.
7. Have writing buddies. Have someone else read through what you have written for any grammatical errors, typos or inconsistencies before publishing it online (or handing to an employer).
8. Publish or hand over your completed article or blog post with confidence knowing you have done your best work. Content writing is about putting in the effort to find interesting points and convey them clearly for your target audience without sounding too dry or boring, while also providing value through entertainment, education or inspiration!
Why do UI/UX designers love Content Writers?
Content Writing is an important part of any UX, Design or successful business/strategic growth strategy. Content Writing helps companies to connect with their audience through sharing information, ideas and opinions in an engaging way.
Content Writers can help business growth by bringing more visitors to a website or blog while also helping build that company’s reputation which is especially important for customer engagement.
Content Writing helps companies connect and relate to their customers by providing valuable information while also entertaining them.
Content writers help build a company’s brand online which is especially important today with the rise of social media platforms that have given users an opportunity to share their opinions about your business or product/service with other potential buyers without being too promotional, overly salesy or boring.
Content Writing provides value through entertainment, education and inspiration in order to keep readers coming back for more!
If you want an engaging way to help establish yourself as an industry expert start by contributing articles that relate to topics within your expertise. This strategy could give you great exposure while helping build up your online presence which can then be used in order to pitch freelance opportunities down the line with clients.
Is Content Writing an expensive exercise?
Content Writing is generally not a super expensive task. Content Writers are freelancers who work on a per-project basis. Content Writing rates are affordable and provide great value for the time, research and the expertise that Content Writers bring to each project.
Content Writers can be contracted on an hourly basis or hired as full-time employees working in-house or remotely from home which provides flexibility that many people enjoy when it comes to their work environment.
Content Writer jobs are readily available online and you will find listings of available Content Writing positions within any country in the world!
Content writer jobs allow freelancers to choose whether they want temporary contracts with clients during special projects or ongoing freelance opportunities if they prefer more stability while still enjoying flexible hours.